Benefits of Seeing a Shaman?

Journey Of Possibilities Home Forums New to Holistic Field Benefits of Seeing a Shaman?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CynthiaC 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

CynthiaC
    Participant

Good insight here!!

JK: Great questions.

Anyone have any thoughts?

carolbtx
    Participant

Forgive me! I meant to type “inTERvention of a conscious higher power”.

carolbtx
    Participant

Personally, I find my peace and joy in Nature and all that Nature provides, whether that means the flora and fauna of a particular environment, the glories of geology, the weather, or the people with whose lives my own intersects. I am a very literal person, one to whom literary analogies and the notion of invention of a conscious higher power mean nothing. I cannot imagine myself seeking out the services of a shaman; on the other hand, I could easily imagine myself recommending that course to someone else.

jk
    Participant

Where would you find a shaman? Are there any guidelines to determine if the person is knowledgeable and skilled, versus a fly-by-night person who is winging it?

ssitts
    Participant

While much of my healing has been along the shamanic path, I’ll keep my response light since so much of my testimonials and insights can be found in the Blog link on this site.

However, I feel compelled to respond to your last question Cynthia. Mine was a lifetime of trying to ‘fix’ me, and when I found this path I was also ready to go barreling forward full-speed in warrior-like fashion. Now I’ve come to really know that I must first give myself the very kindness, patience, and loving acceptance I sought from others. Self-awareness and self-love are a life-long journey that takes us many incarnations.

Take it easy. Trust your own inner Divine guidance to find a shaman who resonates for you. (There are some out there with less than your Highest good in mind, as it’s become a profitable business venture.) Take your time and be loving with yourself. This is deep and delicate work; don’t be pushed!

Much love to you on this Journey,
    Sheryl

mario
    Participant

Cynthia,

That is really up to you. Remember it’s all up to you. You have the healing power to heal yourself and when you say it’s enough, it’s enough. Do not get caught up in the having to “fix” everything. While it’s a beautiful goal, you sometimes can get lost in that. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Mario

CynthiaC
    Participant

Thanks! This information helps.

So, how often do you recommend seeing a Shaman?

mario
    Participant

Hi Cynthia!

This is a great question!

There are various things you can expect from seeing a Shaman. First, there are various things that they do, some work with your spirit and/or energy, others work with plants, some work with drumming, others guide you to find your animal spirits, and much more. There are many things that they do, some seem to specialize in certain areas while others are more broad in what they do. Usually when you go to them they will tell you what you might be having difficulties while others would want you to talk with them about what you are working towards, i.e. spirit, emotional, mental, body wellness, etc.. As you meet with your Shaman you will see that he/she will be sensing what you are looking for and guide you to your answer.

When it comes to benefits, my personal experience, I have had many of my “emotional blocks” removed. Sometimes we react to certain situations in our life because of our past or even past lives. Depending on how the Shaman works they will be able to help in guiding you to resolve those issues. There are certain other things that they do and My experience has been that depending on where the Shaman grew up varies in how they will work with you.

One advice that I will give you is that you have to feel very comfortable with the Shaman you are working with. We are all intuitive, so if you do not feel comfortable with the person you are working with then do not work with him/her. Usually those are signs from your own spirit that this might not be the right one for you. When you find the right one trust me you will feel it!

I’m so happy you are curious about a Shaman. So many people are realizing that there are so many benefits to going to one and I can personally say I am a true testimonial that their work is amazing!

Please if you have more questions feel free to ask more. When I started in the holistic field, there was so much and sometimes I did not know where to turn so definitely ask away! 😀

If we do not know the answer we can definitely find it with our community!

Blessings,
    Mario

CynthiaC
    Participant

I have not personally met a Shaman. What are the primary benefits of seeing one? What can I expect?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.